Friday, April 27, 2007

EVEN MORE TRAFFIC RANTING

EVEN MORE TRAFFIC RANTING
By John Ross Harvey

I complain about traffic now
My 32 km commute should take 32 minutes
It takes 45-50 in the morning and 60 + at night
Multiply that by 2-3 for a snowfall
And you understand why traffic bugs me
In a word they are Illiterate
Whether reading a road sign or the road itself
And especially an Intersection
Motorists of Greater Toronto, and probably everywhere else
DO NOT READ!
Stop, Yield, this lane ends, right lane exits
Meaningless to these people
DO NOT BLOCK INTERSECTION
May as well be an alien language to them
It’s like a green light turns them into mindless sheep
The light is green
I have no brain
I must go on
There is nowhere to go
But the light is green
I have no choice
I cannot think for myself
I must obey the green light
WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Let me educate you please
A red light obviously means stop, even if you’re four cars back turning left running it
An amber or yellow light means Prepare to Stop, slow down, and do not race to beat the red
You know you do
Now the hard one that nobody knows, the Green Light
It means Proceed when the way is Clear
Not GO
Proceed when the way is clear
If it’s not clear
Like a BLOCKED INTERSECTION
YOU DO NOT PROCEED!
Guaranteed somebody still doesn’t get it.

No comments: