Friday, February 10, 2006

Junk Email

Originally posted Aug. 9 2005 at www.threeforcesofevil.typepad.com

JUNK EMAIL
By John Ross Harvey

I’m sure you’ve all received your fair share of junk emails.
Install this patch. Hello. Please read attached file.
I am a Nigerian dictator, looking to secure funds in North America
Sunglasses for sale real cheap
I am an importer and will pay you to market my products.
There’s always the bank account information these guys want.
How many people are this stupid?
Oh the dictator said he’d give me $10,000,000 if I gave him my account #.
The importer would pay me $1,000,000 after I gave him my account #
The patch was necessary to install so I wouldn’t have the virus it gave me.
It said Microsoft!
Sunglasses don’t disappear too often for me, so I don’t need any on sale.
If it has an email address you know, be doubly suspicious, call that person
Did you send me an email? I believe it’s a virus, is it your doing?
Generally they will deny authoring the said email, as they didn’t send it.
Hackers hijack any data they can find, email addresses, web pages etc.
So to better protect yourself you need a tougher name to spell.
A hacker is more likely to be Joe Smith than Zaphod Beeblebrox.
I’ve always wanted to be named Xanadu Xylophone, ……honest.

No comments: