Wednesday, September 20, 2006

GREY SOCIETY

GREY SOCIETY
By John Ross Harvey

I’ve come to the conclusion
That colour is not what most people like
People are fascinated with GREY
Not just one type of grey
But every possible shade of GREY
Between all white and all black
Our roads are grey concrete or grey asphalt
Unless it’s still black and really new
Our buildings are GREY concrete
Or covered in glass which reflects GREY skies
Everybody and their brother’s uncle
Drives a GREY shade of car
Not just one GREY, but all of them!
The only colour around is green grass, and trees
But the trunks are GREY!
I POSITIVELY HATE GREY!
I drive a Blue car
Do you want to know why????
Because I can see it! You can see it!
NOBODY CAN SEE A GREY CAR ON A GREY DAY!
The sky is grey, the road is grey, and their pathetic car is GREY!
IT’S INVISIBLE!
Find a bloody light switch and SHOW UP!
STOP BEING GREY!
I hate grey so much; my hair isn’t even GREY!
It’s just not there anymore.
Actually I lied; there is one GREY I like
EARL GREY!

No comments: